Friday, February 3, 2012

my inner niña


good morning my lovelies!  

spring is coming...  can you feel it?  
it's been the strangest winter for me, this year.  i am from the mid western state of iowa, where the summers are unbearably hot, and the winters are unattractive-ly cold.   living in mexico, makes me quite confused on what season we are actually in at the moment.  according to the calender, they tell me Valentines day is near and spring break is to follow.  and that means lots of good things are right around the corner.

i am absolutely thrilled to my ends of my finger tips, on all the planning i've been doing for these up and coming holidays.  the Saturday before Valentines day will find me sitting in a white tent, decorated to the hilt with red and pink paper hearts and tissue paper roses, sipping tea with around seven older niñas, from {durango}.  yes my beautiful friends, we are hosting a Valentines tea.


three weeks in March, over spring break, an orphanage and a few niños from two communities, will join us at the ranch for spring camp.  we will be learning about the power of God through funny skits and bible stories, putting on our own rendition of a STOMP performance, playing all sorts of crazy camp games, the making some adorable crafts, and stuffing ourselves with marshmallows around campfire. 


finger puppets are just perfect for hours of playtime fun.  i seriously want to pick each one up and find someone to put on a theatrical performance.


aren't the little chicos just gonna love those???  i know i do!  this is the time where my inner niña comes out.  and i'm NOT afraid to show it!



3 comments:

Nicole said...

dude. we rocked with the finger puppets. they are even cuter in this blog post. :)

also. you dang better post heaps of photos from the valentines party. it will rock. wish i was there.

also ps pretty please can you send me some of those photos from our walk along the pier? shanks.

xo

A Life Un-Styled said...

Seriously?! Those finger puppets are too cute! I agree with Nicole, I hope you post heaps of photos from the Valentines party. Sounds like it's going to be great! We're not big on Valentines Day in this household, so I'll live vicariously through you :)

Kerrie Williams said...

AHH! I'm so happy you have a blog! I've been following your sisters for a few weeks now and read about her trip to visit you. I love what you are doing. It's so exciting :) Igualamente hemana!