Monday, December 28, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Saturday, December 5, 2009
The first tear I was cast in it was 2006. I was in the opening scene, playing my fiddle on the front porch of a log cabin in the smoky mountains. Then i was in the '08 play and just did filler scenes.
This year I have lots of different rolls throughout the play lots of filler scenes and such. BUT... I'm really excited about my speaking part. I am a fictional character that was in the palace the night Herod gave the order to kill baby Jesus. I come back 33 years later to tell my experience. All in all, my part is very dramatic. Lots of crying and begging for my life, being drug up the center isle, being told my head was going to come off... YEAH! :)
Speaking of which... that's where I'm headed now! Stay tuned for more pictures and even video clippage to come! :)
Monday, November 30, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
as i read these verses the other afternoon i was once again reminded that sometimes i try WAY to hard! God's saying... hey! hold up! stand still and watch what I can do! sounds so easy doesn't it?!?! the truth is... IT IS! we as humans just make life so difficult and in the end IT IS so hard.
the last month i thought i knew. doors that where so open and inviting and screaming my name telling me to come walk through. but then (it seemed) at the most inopportune time the door goes slamming shut in my face.
i struggle with thoughts such as why did God open a door just to close it? why does it seem that everything i've ever dreamed of isn't what God wants for me? what He wants for me is something that's going to be totally opposite of what i ever dreamed of?
even though i struggle with such thoughts, deep down i know He's the author of my story and in His own time it will all be so clear and BEAUTIFUL!
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
"Why not cry? He's not afraid of your tears. He finds them valuable enough to keep them. His romance and his love for you is like non other. He let people spit in his face and call Him names and beat Him and destroy His body, so that you would know how much he loves you!"
God loves you! don't forget it... i'm more in love with Him today then yesterday! i hope you can say as much!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
- you carry RCP cards with you EVERYWHERE
- starting clincals at 7 am sounds great cause you get to sleep in
- you'd like to meet the inventor of the call light some night in a dark alley
- you wash your hands before you use the restroom
- you can only tell time on a 24 hour clock
- you become addicted to the alcohol smell of anti-bacterial gel
- you believe chocolate is a food group
- you think caffeine should be available in portable IV form
- discussing bodily fluids over a gourmet meal seems perfectly normal to you
- you told a confused patient that your name was that of a co-worker and to holler if they need help
- you fall asleep on the way to and from clinicals
- you're eating dinner with friends and one of them gets food on there face, you reach over to wipe it off with their napkin
- your alarm goes off and you wonder who's going to answer that patience call light
these are all sad but... true!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
you learn to just 'not think about it'
plugging your nose is a myth.
thank God that you in fact are NOT elderly and DON'T need pureed food
some class mates don't know that they're eating pureed turkey garlic gunk, asparagus, and cookies. (don't be fooled it's ALL gross!)
There's so much more to transferring a resident from point 'a' to point 'b'!
resident: "something doesn't feel right... i think you forgot something."
cna: i did what? i forgot your... CATHETER BAG!" :)
(thankfully that never happened)
laughter truly is the best medicine. i think we overdosed sometimes! lol
when making a bed there's WAY more then meets the eye
wondering if all that is necessary
learned how to shave a face
yes... he survived without a nick!
Monday, July 13, 2009
me and zandra