Thursday, December 15, 2011

then and now


I can-not believe this was me, 3 days ago…

IMG_2545

and this is me now...
{home}
and enjoying every meaning of the word.

IMG_2593

as the old saying goes…
{time flies when you’re having fun}
that’s my life yo!

IMG_8598

my flight didn’t arrive in Des Moines till 10:55 pm.
usually my dear friends Rachel and Abbi Short would come scoop me up from the airport
and we’d have a sleepover
until the next day.
then my family would come get me when the hour was more reasonable.
much debating happened the week before I got home,
and a few home peoples decided {the next day pickup} was completely unnecessary. 
so they came and picked me up the night I got home.

grace, nic, adam, and kristen made the long 2 hour treck to the airport bless their hearts.
after a few hugs {ok a lot}
I learned that the babe mobile
{thenameformycar}
had an air-flow-sensory-valve-issue goin’ on
and that we would in fact, have to stay the night with our dear friends
to wait till the part shop opened to fix my car.
gotta love unexpected sleepovers.
{thank you Short family}

IMG_8599

after a few hours of sleep,
an awesome bro in law {who woke up early to play mechanic},
and a half dozen of Casey’s donuts,
we were on our way home!

IMG_8602

somehow the lack of sleep
showers,
hairbrushes,
toothbrushes,
and makeup,
didn’t bother any of us.
[maybe just a teeny tiny bit]

IMG_8625

as we got closer to the little white home on the hill,
I saw a little black dot running towards the car.

IMG_8639

I guess bethy couldn’t wait any longer.
{eek}
how precious is she???

IMG_8643

so here I am,
loving on these people
and having a marvelous time.

IMG_2548  IMG_2565

::  ::  ::  ::

CONGRATULATIONS

after taking out my own comment
and other [extra] comments.
I entered number 11 into the random number generator
and came up with this fortunate winner of my first ever {giveaway}

Picture 3

congratulations to {themama23}
you are the happy owner of one {bolsa mexicana}
please email me your address


be sure to be watching for more giveaways in the future!


3 comments:

The Chmelars said...

how is it you ALWAYS manage to put THE worst pictures of me on here?! (theres a storm coming!!! lol) sooooo glad your home!!! g

tiff said...

ohhhh G.

you look A-mazing.

i love you.

so glad im home!

CJ said...

Aw! Im so happy for you :) Im sure you will, but I hope you enjoy every minute there!!!