Tuesday, January 31, 2012

saying goodbye


it's never easy loves.


never easy saying goodbye,
to someone you love.
maybe you'll see them again,
maybe you won't.


never easy saying goodbye,
to ideals in your head.
maybe they're realistic,
maybe there're not.


these two thoughts have been tumbling around in my head all week,
but especially after dropping my sister off at the bus station this morning.
this whole thing of saying goodbye and letting go.
i strongly dislike.
(with an emphasis on strongly and dislike!)

there's a song by Hillsong called Forever reign.
one line in that song was playing over and over in my head this morning.
You are God, You are God of all else i'm letting go.

::  ::  ::

my new name for her is my--- hype girl.


Hype:
a fad. A clever marketing strategy which a product is advertized as the thing everyone must have, to the point where people begin to feel they need to consume it.

when someone gets excited about something.

fun, rowdy, or wild.

to create interest in by flamboyant or dramatic methods; promote or publicize showily .

::  ::  ::

yep...  sums up my hype girl comPLETELY!  
love you seester.

ps.
if you haven't already,
you NEED to check out {myhypegirls} blooog!

2 comments:

Marli said...

love this post and i totally follow her! :) ya'll remind me so much of me and my sissy... have a blessed day!

xo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com

A Life Un-Styled said...

Saying goodbye...today our auntie said goodbye to the world. And straight away I saw how amazing sisters are...my sister...my mum with her sister...I hope your goodbye is only for a short while...